Last year I made a post about my Goals for 2014. I met quite a few of them, but others I didn't get around to. Either from being a spazz with way too many ideas, or because I had so many months where I was full of custom orders that I ran out of time... I'm not sure, probably a mix of both. I had this list of flowers I wanted to make this year, and I did make some of them... but others fell by the wayside. I wanted to get 100 sales in LaurenHCreations by the end of the year and I fell two short of that goal. Poo. But at least I was close! So I'm still happy.
1. 2015 will see an expansion of my patterns and tutorials (unless the EU changes their new VAT regs then all my PDFs will only be available right here on this site). I would like to have at least 12 actual patterns by the end of the year. That's not including any technique tutorials I do.
2. The official launch of my Bridal line will be in March 2015, and I'm hoping to have at least 30 sales in that shop (Bead & Blossom) by the end of the year.
3. I will be doing more sculptures and potted plants, since they are super fun, and less individual flower stems. Perhaps another wall hanging or two. I really want to make Sunflowers, Hibiscus, and some Lotuses.
4. I'm working on revamping my craft space with better and more efficient bead and supply storage and such. :) We've already started that process so I should have some sort of update on that soon.
5. I would like to finally find the guts to approach a gallery, gift shop, or bridal boutique to try and sell my art and products there. That's a maybe. I'm pretty nervous about that. But I'm going to try to work myself up to it this year. Maybe just one little gift shop to start... :S Scary.
6. In addition to my beaded flowers you will also see some bead weaving, bead embroidery, and possibly some wire wrapping. I've been practicing those skills and I hope to have them up to par soon. :)
Well, there we go. There are my goals for 2015.
I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year!
Hello everyone! I am Lauren Harpster, the designer behind Lauren's Creations. I am a 28 year old wife, and a mother to three adorable little kids. I've been making French Beaded Flowers for six years now, and teaching French Beading through my website for about four years. I hope you'll join me on my blog so you, too, can Learn the Art of French Beading.
Subscribe to my Newsletter to receive Blog Updates and announcements for new Patterns, Tutorials, Videos, and Books!