This PDF is 22 pages long and contains 96 high quality images along with detailed written instructions to help you recreate your very own French Beaded Moth Orchid.
· Basic Frame
· Continuous Loops
· Continuous Wraparound Loops
· Lacing (and Lace-as-you-go)
· Unit Support Wires
· Stem Wrapping (optional)
All of these Techniques are taught in the Free Tutorials section on my website - LaurensCreations.net.
This pattern teaches the Loop-Back Technique.
Bloom Size: Approximately 3.5 inches (8.9 cm) wide.
Plant Size: Approximately 18 inches (45 cm) tall (not including pot).
The pattern creates a full plant with 5 full flowers, 5 buds in multiple sizes, and 6 large leaves. I always recommend that you purchase extra materials, just in case.
Moth Orchids come in so many different colors and coloring patterns. This pattern is set up so the advanced shading shown in the blue orchid (left) is optional. It is not possible to give bead counts for this type of complex shading, but I have made notes to help you recreate the look at the end of the PDF.
Lauren Harpster of Lauren’s Creations © 2018. This design and pattern is copyright protected and is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. It may not be shared, resold, or redistributed in any form, even without monetary gain. It should not be used for teaching classes. Items made from this pattern may not be sold without written consent from the author.
All sales of PDF tutorials and patterns are final and cannot be refunded.
PDF written in English using both Imperial and Metric terms for measurement.
Most browsers on mobile devices are not capable of downloading larger sized files. To ensure minimal issues downloading I highly recommend using your computer. If you encounter any issues please email me - firstname.lastname@example.org
· 130 grams size 11/0 seed beads in petal color
· 15 grams size 11/0 seed beads in lip/throat color
· 3 grams size 11/0 seed beads in column color
· 230 grams size 11/0 seed beads in medium green
· 12 grams size 11/0 seed beads in light green (for buds)
· ~20 grams size 11/0 seed beads in support stick color
· 40 ft (~12 m) 24 gauge (.05 mm) petal color copper core wire
· 13 ft (~4 m) 24 gauge (.05 mm) throat colored copper core wire
· 125 ft (~38 m) 22 gauge (.06 mm) green copper core wire
· 20 ft (~6 m) 24 gauge (.05 mm) light green copper core wire
· 30-32 gauge copper core wire in petal color, for lacing
· 30-32 gauge green copper core wire, for lacing
· 30-32 gauge copper core wire in throat color, for lacing
· 28 gauge copper core wire in stamen color
· 28 gauge copper core wire in support stick color
· ~6 ft (~2 m) 14 gauge galvanized steel wire
· 1 1/2 skeins embroidery floss (optional, for stem wrapping)
· Floral tape
· Pot measuring at least 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (14 x 14 cm)
· Plaster of Paris, Non-Hardening Clay, or other heavy potting material.
· Artificial Moss, Grass, mulch, etc. to cover the plaster or clay.
· If you are not making a beaded support, substitute another support.
· Wire Cutters
· Heavy Duty Wire Cutters
· Measuring Tape/ Ruler
· Bead Spinner (optional)