Every time I type the word "pine cone" it tells me its supposed to be two words, but that looks really off to me. Oh well.
Anyhoo... I've finished this custom piece! It measures 14 x 9 inches, just slightly larger then the original Blue Poinsettia wall hanging that this one was designed from. The blue one is in my personal collection, but I kind of like this red one better! I'm going to have to make myself some red poinsettias now.
Here's a little slideshow of the commissioned piece. :)
Hmmmm... What should I make next? I really want to play with 15's. But I also want to do Pumpkins and lilies and orchids and... everything else, and I'm going to play with a new technique, which I will be demonstrating on my blog hopefully sometime soon.
Recently I was put in charge of planning and executing the Fall Festival at church. (My own fault as I presented the idea... teach me to have ideas ever again!) Thank heavens for delegation. Haha! At least I had a couple weeks of relative down time. I've had to turn down a few custom orders, and I feel badly about that because they were so excited, and some of them were going to be gifts... But this tired mama needs a break from pressure and deadlines.
I've noticed that many of the patterns I have available are more difficult than most beginners could manage. So, I'm going to be doing a few easier patterns, along with a few more technique tutorials. One pattern that's been requested is Astilbe, and I'm thinking maybe Pansies, Lilies, or Poinsettias, or a new Rose design after that. Hmm. maybe I'll just do all of them. Muahahahahaha!
Subscribe to my blog to watch my creations come to life and to receive updates about new tutorials, patterns, and sales!