I was fortunate to receive a custom order from a nice lady in Australia this week. She ordered a red and black Tiger Lily with some fern leaves and gold baby's breath.
I finished the baby's breath last night, but I'm waiting on a confirmation from my customer. I might need to add on to the baby's breath. But, since I was waiting, I figured I had a little time to work on my Irises.
So far I have the flowers themselves assembled, and a couple of leaves attached to one stem. I stuck the others into the vase so you could get a good visual of what it'll look like when it's all done. I'm just doing two leaves per stem for now, since I'm going to sell individual Iris stems in my shops and they'll only have two leaves each that way. I need to wrap the stems with embroidery floss, then put the other leaves on their own stems to stick into my pot once I make the arrangement. I decided to forego the buds. :S But I like them just the way they are.
Also, a little side note. A few months ago I mentioned that I was working on an interview for Zibbet.com - one of my selling venues. Well, Zibbet's interview went live this past week, and I was their featured seller! Yay! See the interview here.
I hope my readers in the UK are having a wonderful Mothering Sunday today!
Subscribe to my blog to watch my creations come to life and to receive updates about new tutorials, patterns, and sales!