Well golly you guys. The past week has been a really busy one for me.
Right now I am working on a custom order for a previous customer - the Wild Roses I mentioned in my last post. I had a few ideas for how to make them, and two of them turned out very well.
After speaking with my customer, we have decided to proceed with the top design. So this week I will be completing that order with three Wild Roses and the accompanying leaves. I'm quite excited!
But I better get my tail moving. Because I have another custom order to start on by next Wednesday. I will be making a mini rose vine similar to this one, only longer and with smaller roses:
But that's not all! No, not at all. I also have another custom order for a Rose Hair Comb, and five of my Large Rose Stems! I really wasn't expecting this last one, and it was quite a nice surprise!
After that the Rose Vine customer is likely to order more vines if she likes the first one. So. I'm booked until mid October unless someone cancels. I have a wait list! How cool is that? I might have to temporarily close my shops, though, as I'm not sure my brain can process too many more orders. Strangely enough, all my custom orders are for some kind of Roses. So I'll be making Roses for quite a few months still. Lots and lots of Roses.
This also means that I will have to wait a little while before I can make the Iris and Gerbera Daisy patterns. :S Sorry! What I might do is save the weekends for working on patterns and weekdays for Custom Orders.
Last week I mentioned that I had a potential custom order for some mini rose garlands. After speaking with the customer about some details I worked up a little sample piece, and I wanted to share the pictures of those.
This is just a small 7 inch segment. The vines are wanted to embellish a chandelier, but I don't have one of those to model it so I got out a little brass hoop instead.
If the order goes through, then I will be making vines like this one for several weeks. That will finish up July and probably part of August.
My brain has been wandering a little bit. I think it's a little tired of the constraints of having to design around a specific flower each month. June and July were supposed to be Rose Month, so it's fortunate that this mini rose vine came at this time. I have several projects that I've started, like some larger rose hair pins with baby's breath, a rose necklace, a rose hair comb, and rose shoe clips... but I haven't found the urge to finish them yet. I keep getting distracted by more and more ideas. Like these:
I have another idea for some earrings that I'd like to try out tonight while I await specifics for the rose vines. Then I think I will just not do a Flower of the Month for August. The month would be cut short anyways. So I'm just going to make whatever I want as it comes to me to give my brain a little break. This would also be a good time to remake some of my old designs to make some more patterns. I want to do my Iris and Gerbera patterns, so hopefully I will be able to get at least one of those done.
By the way, tomorrow is my birthday. I'm turning 25. :) CAAAAKE!!! IIIIIIICE CREEEAAAM!!! :D
Yay! I finished my red roses! Finally... I got a little distracted so it took longer than I thought.
I considered making some baby's breath, ferns, or tiny rose buds to go in there, but I decided that I liked it just the way it was.
I might have a custom order for some rose garlands similar to my Clematis Garland. :) Fun! If not that, then I want to make some wild roses for another type of wall decor.
Hello everyone! I am Lauren Harpster, the designer behind Lauren's Creations. I am a 28 year old wife, and a mother to three adorable little kids. I've been making French Beaded Flowers for six years now, and teaching French Beading through my website for about four years. I hope you'll join me on my blog so you, too, can Learn the Art of French Beading.
Subscribe to my Newsletter to receive Blog Updates and announcements for new Patterns, Tutorials, Videos, and Books!