Yay! Back from vacation! We had a blast! Spent a little time at an absolutely beautiful lake, and a zoo.
So, an order that I thought was canceled is not canceled. Apparently Etsy has been having a little glitch in the convos recently where it doesn't give notifications that you've received a message, so my customer didn't know I was trying to contact her. I didn't have an email address so messaging through Etsy was the only option I had. Luckily I hadn't officially switched the schedule around, so I was able to fit her right back in without any problems.
This order is for a set of 5 of my Large Rose stems, like this one:
I will be making them in the colors of her bridesmaids' dresses. :)
(If anyone is interested in a PDF tutorial for the above pictured Large French Beaded Rose, you can purchase it here!)
One will be red, one dark orange, one pumpkin-y orange, one golden yellow, and one salmon pink.
I found the beads that match closest to the dress colors. Most of them are pretty spot on. These rainbow beads are always harder for me to photograph and get the right colors, but they are a tad darker than shown in the pic above. The salmon-y pink one was the hardest match. I'm still waiting for the red, dark orange, and gold colors to arrive. So for now I'm working on the pumpkin-y orange one and the salmon pink one. And all the green leaves and sepals.
So! This should be fun! It will take me a little less than a month to finish all the roses. Then I will be making another one of them in red for a separate order. :)
Yes, I will be taking at least one weekend sometime soon - maybe next weekend? - to make my Gerbera Daisy Pattern and have that available for purchase. Finally! I've already done most of the write up, I just need pictures and actual material requirements.
Since my schedule right now has me booked with custom orders well into October, I am now opening up for winter Holiday orders. I will only have a few slots available for custom pieces for the holidays as I will also be in a production frenzy to stock up my shop as well as making Christmas presents of my own and working on a new product line that I want to introduce in early 2015. :)
Also a little note: I have closed my Zibbet shop. I hope it's only temporary. :( I'm so busy right now and I find myself needing to focus my time and energy a bit more efficiently. Sometimes I feel a little stretched thin trying to keep up with two shops (wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have two darling little boys who need love and attention at home). Also, they just launched their rebuild a few weeks ago and it's still rather buggy and I can't do much editing right now. So I'm going to wait until it calms down a bit before I try to expand there again.
For now you can still find me and my creations right here at laurenscreations.net and on Etsy!
I had a custom order for a french beaded Rose hair comb made in light ivory and dark green.
Each petal is edged with sparkle white beads, and there are three leaves on each side. It is quite a bit heavier than my usual hair pieces. The flower had to be mounted on the top of the comb instead of the front to help balance out the weight. I'm sure it will still require some teasing, hairspray and bobby pins to anchor it securely, but I really like it!
After I finished my Wild Roses, I jumped right in to my next custom order, which was for a mini beaded rose vine. I've posted pictures of the sample vine I made for my customer before. But my customer wanted a very dainty vine. So I had to shrink the flowers and leaves and spread them out a bit. The large roses in the sample were somewhere around 1 1/2 inches wide. She wanted ones around 2/3 inch. The problem with that is that I usually use size 11/0 seed beads, and it's difficult to make tiny pieces without them looking... pixelated? Sorry, I can't think of a better term for it. Basically, you lose definition the smaller you go. Luckily, I was able to find size 15/0 seed beads in the colors she wanted - red and light peach. So I could make tiny beaded roses that actually look like roses and not just a mass of beads. I'm just glad I have tiny fingers or it would have been difficult to twist the tiny little loops.
Those are the peach roses I made for this project. I actually ended up with more than I needed. Better than having too few.
I won't be offering this particular vine for custom order in my shop. Simply because I personally prefer the sample piece with larger roses and more leaves. But that's just me. So, sometime soon I hope to make up a vine like that and then that style will be available.
Next on my custom order list is a French Beaded Rose hair comb made in ivory. But the wire I need is still a couple days out. So I will probably take a much needed break until then.
Last night I officially finished the first of a growing list of custom orders. This piece is a bouquet of beaded flowers modeled after a cultivated type of Wild Rose.
I took some pics of individual stems so I could make a "made to order" listing in my Etsy Shop.
This was a very fun project and I am very pleased with the result. I hope my customer will be as well!
Tonight I begin work on a mini rose vine!
Hello everyone! I am Lauren Harpster, the designer behind Lauren's Creations. I am a 28 year old wife, and a mother to three adorable little kids. I've been making French Beaded Flowers for about six years now, and teaching French Beading through my website for about four years.
Subscribe to my blog to watch my creations come to life, receive French Beading tips, and to be updated when new tutorials and patterns are available.
Current Custom Order
2018 One-A-Day Project
I'm making one flower every day for 2018. Every month I will have a different color. At the end of the year I'm going to assemble all the pieces into a wreath. :)