Last year I made a post about my Goals for 2014. I met quite a few of them, but others I didn't get around to. Either from being a spazz with way too many ideas, or because I had so many months where I was full of custom orders that I ran out of time... I'm not sure, probably a mix of both. I had this list of flowers I wanted to make this year, and I did make some of them... but others fell by the wayside. I wanted to get 100 sales in LaurenHCreations by the end of the year and I fell two short of that goal. Poo. But at least I was close! So I'm still happy.
1. 2015 will see an expansion of my patterns and tutorials (unless the EU changes their new VAT regs then all my PDFs will only be available right here on this site). I would like to have at least 12 actual patterns by the end of the year. That's not including any technique tutorials I do.
2. The official launch of my Bridal line will be in March 2015, and I'm hoping to have at least 30 sales in that shop (Bead & Blossom) by the end of the year.
3. I will be doing more sculptures and potted plants, since they are super fun, and less individual flower stems. Perhaps another wall hanging or two. I really want to make Sunflowers, Hibiscus, and some Lotuses.
4. I'm working on revamping my craft space with better and more efficient bead and supply storage and such. :) We've already started that process so I should have some sort of update on that soon.
5. I would like to finally find the guts to approach a gallery, gift shop, or bridal boutique to try and sell my art and products there. That's a maybe. I'm pretty nervous about that. But I'm going to try to work myself up to it this year. Maybe just one little gift shop to start... :S Scary.
6. In addition to my beaded flowers you will also see some bead weaving, bead embroidery, and possibly some wire wrapping. I've been practicing those skills and I hope to have them up to par soon. :)
Well, there we go. There are my goals for 2015.
I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year!
It's finally here! My Potted Beaded Gerbera Daisy Tutorial is now available in my pattern shop.
I will never be using Word to make these patterns ever again. Too many issues.
I've been pretty quiet this month. Mostly because I was determined not to post until I had something finished to show. So now I present the largest piece I've done since January... a French Beaded Poinsettia Swag (garland?) that I made with two light blue Poinsettias, pine branches with pine cones, and a bunch of white berries and mixed leaves.
It was a wonderful piece to work on. I have some pictures of it laying flat, but it does hang on the wall. :) It's going to be staying with me.
My favorite piece to make in this were the pine tree branches and the pine cones. I had a few hanks of those green bugle beads and I thought they'd make excellent pine needles. :) I want to make more just for kicks.
I also made this:
I was originally going to put the white poinsettia in with the light blue ones in my swag, but I didn't like it and thought the piece was getting too big for me to reasonably finish in time. So I kept it separate. This little white and gold Poinsettia is up in my Etsy shop. This piece measures 5 inches wide and 7 inches tall, smaller than my previous Poinsettia Sculpture. It can sit on a shelf or it can be used as a Christmas tree topper on a smaller sized tree. (Find it in my Shop - laurenhcreations.etsy.com)
Just so you know, I do have a sale going on in my Etsy Shop this week!
The code will work with any purchase, including in stock and made to order listings. However, made to order items purchased will not be ready in time for Christmas. But, I don't run sales very often so if you wanted any custom flowers now is a good time to order!
Also... I am almost done with my Gerbera Pattern. Watch for that in my shop and on this website later this week! FINALLY!
Hello everyone! I am Lauren Harpster, the designer behind Lauren's Creations. I am a 28 year old wife, and a mother to three adorable little kids. I've been making French Beaded Flowers for about six years now, and teaching French Beading through my website for about four years.
Subscribe to my blog to watch my creations come to life, receive French Beading tips, and to be updated when new tutorials and patterns are available.
Current Custom Order
2018 One-A-Day Project
I'm making one flower every day for 2018. Every month I will have a different color. At the end of the year I'm going to assemble all the pieces into a wreath. :)