Just dropping by quickly to share pics of the Hydrangea I finished for a customer today.
It was harder than I thought it would be. Two shades of blue with some white markings. 50 individual flowers with 6 different color combos and a myriad of shading patterns. All that effort helped to produce the subtle mixed tones that hydrangeas are known for. Those leaves... they took 2 hours a piece. It's because they are heart shaped (not clearly visible in the pics, but they are) and that's tricky. The lace-like edges were also quite time consuming, though pretty fun! I kinda want to make more lacy leaves, just for kicks. I really like the effect. Not necessarily the most realistic way to make a Hydrangea leaf, but surely adds a decorative flare to the design.
Most french beaded hydrangeas are made with rounded petals. I wanted mine to be different, so I made them pointed using a new technique that I've learned recently. It looks like Basic Frame, but isn't. I will be teaching it soon in my next Technique Tutorial, which will sadly have to wait until October.
I have a few days before I have to start my next custom order (red poinsettia wreath/garland thingy). So I will be pushing to finish my Peony pattern. I am hoping to have that ready by the 15th.
Have a fabulous week, folks!
Subscribe to my blog to watch my creations come to life and to receive updates about new tutorials, patterns, and sales!