I was really hoping to have my Astilbe finished last week, but my in-laws showed up with very little notice and then we spent a few days with them and I was unable to complete it. Luckily, I already had the written part completed and all I needed were the pictures. Of course, my camera was being a pain in the patootie and was refusing to take the nice close-up shots that I need for my patterns. After a couple days of trial and error I did manage to figure it out, so last night I was able to edit the pictures and plug them in.
Today it is extremely windy. So I was out there taking pictures of the finished flower, and leaves were blowing all over my set-up. It blew over my background a few times too. The wind is so powerful today that the internet has been in and out. And since my pic editor is an online tool I was worried that I wouldn't be able to finish today. Luckily it started working... at least for a little while.
Here's a couple pictures of the finished Astilbe stem.
My Astilbe Pattern is finally available in my pattern shop!
My Poinsettia pattern is nearly finished as well. The written parts are all done, I just need to finish making a few pieces, then take pictures and plug it all in. :) I'd love to say it will be done by the end of the week, but the way life has been going the last few months I'm not sure I can make any promises. :( But it will be soon!
Happy Thanksgiving to my US readers!
Hello everyone! I am Lauren Harpster, the designer behind Lauren's Creations. I am a 28 year old wife, and a mother to three adorable little kids. I've been making French Beaded Flowers for about six years now, and publishing patterns and tutorials for three years.
Subscribe to my blog to watch my creations come to life and to receive updates about my custom order schedule, and new tutorials and patterns!