Well hello my friends! I am so happy to be able to announce the publishing of my very first pattern for 2016 - Dahlias!!!
I finished this arrangement yesterday, and then finished the PDF this morning. :) I think this may be my new favorite arrangement. I'm keeping it forever. I'm going to try to get a video of the flower catching the light, because these beads are beautiful and super sparkly. Beyond anything the camera could catch in a still picture. I pledged before that I was going to do more shading and and interesting color patterns in my pieces, so I made my leaves stripey using regular 11/0's and 2 cut 11/0's which are really sparkly too. It was awesomely fun, and I love the effect! And it didn't really take much longer than making 1 colored scallops.
Funny story... while I was editing the pictures for the PDF, after I had already spent hours and hours putting it all together, I realized that I'd forgotten to put the sepals on... who does that? The flowers are so heavy, and my arms were so sore from holding them up during assembly that I dreaded the idea of taking them apart to put the sepals on... So I put them on afterwards. Had to bend all my leaves back out of the way, but it was still tricky. So... don't forget your sepals! And then my picture for my largest leaves didn't turn out, so I got to make a new large leaf this morning. It just had to be the large one! These things are what happens when you go with very little sleep for multiple days in a row.
My fingers hurt, my arms hurt, my whole soul is tired from lack of sleep. But, I feel victorious! The vase I've chosen to display these in was a gift from my wedding almost 8 years ago. It's been sitting around (getting a nice patina because I think patinas are cool) waiting for something to be put in it. This little lovely shall grace the top of our piano for eternity.
Subscribe to my blog to watch my creations come to life and to receive updates about new tutorials, patterns, and sales!