I've been working on a custom order for one of my neighbors: a rose bouquet with a half dozen roses in white, pink, and red.
Any of you who have been following along with me from the beginning know that I've played around with my rose pattern quite a bit. Every time I make one, I learn something new to help me improve my design. The roses I'm working on now are a culmination of everything I've learned so far, and I must say, I'm quite pleased with the new adjustments I've made!
Learning and improving is one of my favorite things about my craft.
I started by making all the leaves and sepals I'll need for all 6 roses. (I'm waiting on a bead delivery to make more petals, so I figured I should do what I can in the meantime.) I also had enough silver-lined clear seed beads to make the 14 petals I needed for one white rose. Each petal had to be laced with a fine wire so the rows would all stay together after they've been shaped and curled. It's like sewing on beads. :) I used to hate lacing, as it was tedious and pulling on the thin wire kind of hurt my tiny fingers. But I've gotten faster, and I think my fingers aren't such wimps anymore because it no longer hurts.
I then started assembling the rose, wiring one petal at a time onto the stem wires, and wrapping with matching floral tape so no wires would be exposed in the flower.
At this point I have all the petals attached. Afterwards I wrapped the stem wire with green floral tape as I added on the sepals and leaves.
I had two leaf stems that I'd already assembled together. One with three small leaves, and one with five large leaves.
After everything was attached and secure, I curled the petals a bit to give them a more natural shape.
Success! I really like this rose and I can't wait until the rest of the beads arrive so I can make the other 5 I need. :) So excited!!! Look for more pictures soon!
Subscribe to my blog to watch my creations come to life and to receive updates about new tutorials, patterns, and sales!