After I finished my Wild Roses, I jumped right in to my next custom order, which was for a mini beaded rose vine. I've posted pictures of the sample vine I made for my customer before. But my customer wanted a very dainty vine. So I had to shrink the flowers and leaves and spread them out a bit. The large roses in the sample were somewhere around 1 1/2 inches wide. She wanted ones around 2/3 inch. The problem with that is that I usually use size 11/0 seed beads, and it's difficult to make tiny pieces without them looking... pixelated? Sorry, I can't think of a better term for it. Basically, you lose definition the smaller you go. Luckily, I was able to find size 15/0 seed beads in the colors she wanted - red and light peach. So I could make tiny beaded roses that actually look like roses and not just a mass of beads. I'm just glad I have tiny fingers or it would have been difficult to twist the tiny little loops.
Those are the peach roses I made for this project. I actually ended up with more than I needed. Better than having too few.
I won't be offering this particular vine for custom order in my shop. Simply because I personally prefer the sample piece with larger roses and more leaves. But that's just me. So, sometime soon I hope to make up a vine like that and then that style will be available.
Next on my custom order list is a French Beaded Rose hair comb made in ivory. But the wire I need is still a couple days out. So I will probably take a much needed break until then.
Subscribe to my blog to watch my creations come to life and to receive updates about new tutorials, patterns, and sales!